Oil and Gas
Impact of low prices on the IT teams of the Oil + Gas sector
The Oil + Gas industry has been suffering from a sustained period of low pricing, forcing:
- Budget cuts on equipment
- Fewer staff to deliver and support IT and telecoms solutions
Despite this, IT teams a still being asked to support an increased demand for data and information:
- Greater need for bandwidth in remote locations
- Increasing use of IoT and M2M solutions
- Increased use of cloud and SaaS applications
Companies need to find ways of delivering more for less in order to effectively respond, in effect they must become increasingly connected with their eco-system of people, places and things.
Quality connectivity will improve your business perfomance
Better connectivity can deliver huge business benefits but it’s often difficult to deliver in many of your remote locations. What can be even more challenging is putting in place connectivity, which enables your field workers or vehicles to operate in different remote and extreme places.
You’ve already put in place connectivity solutions but it’s highly likely that you have a significant number of locations where connectivity is unreliable, or is just not fit for purpose. This may be increasing the health and safety risk of your workers and contractors and affecting their productivity, as they are not able to access and and use enterprise and cloud based applications.
This also means that working practices across your business may be inconsistent and that there is increased riskof error, as expensive manual work rounds are frequently necessary. The bottom line is that there are many lost opportunities to improve productivity and overall performance.
The great news is that Onwave has the solution to many of these challenges. We have developed a Managed Connectivity Service based on leading cellular and fixed line bonded network technologies. These enable you to rapidly set up new sites, connect remote workers and vehicles, as well as enable you to improve the security (even for CPNI sites), control and performance of the connectivity at all your vehicles and other work locations.
Our Fully Managed Connectivity Services for Oil + Gas
Onwave has a range of service and technologies for Oil+ Gas companies. These have been designed with the specific needs of the Oil and Gas sector and will get your sites, field workers, vehicles and assets connected.
One of our key capabilities is our ability to deliver broadband cellular and fixed line data connectivity, which bonds the 3G and 4G signals of all of the mobile and eight of the major fixed line providers, to give a unique ‘fatter’, superfast broadband which is capable of supporting sites and large groups of workers. Where there is no cellular or fixed line available we will provide leading edge satellite technologies.
Not only can we connect and as a result help you change your working and health and safety practices, we will also securely transmit your data to your corporate Wide Area Network (WAN) via our private MPLS networks and data centres. The even better news is that we also operate to Critical National Infrastructure (CPNI) standards. No longer will you have to invest large sums on establishing long distance fibre connections, as you will have reliable, resilient and very fast connectivity. What is even better news, is that we usually have your service designed and up and running within 5 days of your order.
In summary, we’ve huge experience of delivering high performing solutions for: remote and mobile workforces, vehicles, remote sites, SCADA systems, network assets and plant and machinery and lone worker safety.
Through the provision of the best available connectivity, Onwave is able to help you deliver spectacular business outcomes which include:
- responding more effectively to crises
- increasing the productivity of your people and assets
- remotely monitoring and managing your assets
- remotely managing your plant and machinery
- collecting valuable data which will help you improve performance and implement change
- avoid cost and delays
- budget easily
Secure Critical National Infrastructure (CPNI) Service
Our Secure Critical National Infrastructure (CPNI) Connectivity Service for Oil + Gas, allows you to secure remote locations. This includes, sites and equipment, which in addition to the need for physical security, require centralised monitoring and control of localities, via PTZ CCTV, PA Systems and remote access.
Onwave supplies fully secure CPNI data networks. We use bonded cellular and fixed line broadband and where required, deliver dual path resiliency, to ensure continuous access to remote sites. We will provide a fully secure extension to your Corporate WAN and will ensure you are continually connected with access to the necessary bandwidth.
- fast install, within 5-10 days, for rapid initial security cover;
- sufficient bandwidth allocations for at least four concurrent CCTV, or streaming video connections;
- fixed line, cellular, and satellite combinations which deliver continuous up time, even in extreme situations.
- a Managed Service which has been tested and passed by the Home Office.
Network Asset Connectivity Service
Now more than ever before, it is critical for Oil + Gas companies, to be able to understand everything that is happening to assets and equipment across the entire infrastructure. Onwave’s Network Asset Service enables you to securely connect your entire estate of assets. You’ll be able to monitor, analyse and predict asset performance, requirements for maintenance and replacement, as well as more effectively manage the asset estate and the associated field force.
- fast install;
- resilient service in any location, including extreme locations;
- ability to continuously monitor, control and manage your assets;
- ensure the security of your data
- improve ROI on your asset estate;
- increase the productivity of your field workforce.
Remote Site Service
Oil + Gas companies have many remote and extreme sites. Our Remote Site Managed Connectivity Service is designed to deliver reliable and resilient data connectivity to remote sites, where current connectivity is poor and problematic.
Onwave is able to deliver fast, reliable and resilient broadband, which is capable of supporting remote offices and fixed and temporary sites in all locations, including those which are considered to be extreme. Our mobile connectivity is fast, resilient and reliable. To achieve this, we bond the 3G and 4G services of the UK’s four mobile operators, as well as any fixed lines and then back haul to data centres on-net, over MPLS, using fully secure encryption. Where there is no alternative, we will use Satellite technologies to connect you.
- your site and field workers will be able to connect and use enterprise and mobile cloud based Apps;
- bring remote and extreme locations on-net for the first time;
- connect teams of up to 100 on-net using a single router;
- hugely increase the productivity of workers on-site, both internally and externally;
- provide reliable Guest access;
- enable wireless working anywhere on-site;
- access real-time, in-depth reporting and use this to improve planning and management.
Internet of Everything,
SCADA, IOT and M2M Service
The Internet of Everything (IoE) is described by CISCO (2016), as ‘bringing together people, process, data and things, to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before; turning information into actions that create new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented economic opportunity for businesses, individuals, and countries’.
As you look to develop and implement your digital strategy, there is the growing opportunity to use devices continually to centrally monitor and remotely control your operations. This demands high levels of reliability and resilience in your connectivity, in order to maintain service to business operations.
Onwave will help you deliver your IOE, IOT, M2M and SCADA strategies and operations.
- fast install;
- flexible commercial models;
- resilient and reliable service in any location, including rural and extreme locations;
- the ability for you to continuously monitor, control and manage your assets;
- security of your data
WAN In A Van
Our WAN in a van Managed Connectivity Service, allows field workers to use enterprise applications such as Office 365, Skype for Business, field force and enterprise applications, alongside other bandwidth hungry applications.
Your workers can access these services, both inside and and outside of their vehicle and up to 150 metres away. Data is fully secure, encrypted and transmitted over the internet, or via private MPLS based Wide Area Networks (WAN) extension. Guests networks can be provided, where necessary.
- improved route and location planning;
- access real-time, in-depth reporting;
- significantly improved productivity;
- improved employee and public safety resulting from better and more consistent driving behaviour;
- enable the use of local IP solutions (CCTV, Tablets, Apps);
- more responsive incident and crisis management;
- lone worker safety.