More than ever, the education sector requires digital security to protect young people online.
Thousands of schools already use digital safeguard solutions to keep students safe and organisations compliant.
The education sector is going through a digital transformation.
Though educational institutions have been using digital solutions for years, the COVID-19 pandemic recontextualised the need for digital technology and literacy:
- Managing remote lessons
- Web filters for safe online learning
- Appropriate monitoring to eliminate online risks
- Teaching students how to navigate the internet safely
- Setting standards for web safety across organisations
Schools have a duty to teach their students to become safe and ethical digital citizens. As technology becomes more integral to the learning experience, it is crucial that organisations establish failproof solutions to protect the safety and learning experience of their students.
Management is vital to keep operations running safely and smoothly.
A lack of secure digital management measures across your organisation could lead to your students engaging in harmful online behaviours that threaten their security and safety. Data supervision can prevent incidents from happening before they have a chance to occur, such as:
- Accessing age-inappropriate or harmful content
- Illegally downloading and/or sharing material
- Cyberbullying and online harassment
- Misusing personal data
- Scams, phishing and other security threats
Digital Technology Solutions
Technology with real-time data will enable cheaper, safer and more efficient delivery of complex projects.
We are delighted to be partnered with Smoothwall to help provide digital safety solutions to schools and organisations:
- Real-time web filter with granular control
- Bandwidth management to prioritise critical services
- E-Safety training with National Online Safety
- Record and manage events and incidents
Onwave has become a supplier on the network and telecommunications services framework through YPO, one of the largest public sector buying organisations in the UK.
The new framework – Network Connectivity and Telecommunications Solutions 976 – covers the sourcing, procurement, delivery and support for the framework lots which include:
- Wide Area Networks
- Local Area Networks
- Digital fibre infrastructure
- Smart cities and internet of things
- Cyber security, communications services
- Mobile, voice and data solutions
The framework will be open to all public sector organisations including the police, fire and rescue services, NHS bodies, and all central government departments, as well as registered charities across the UK.